Contra Costa Wage Study Resources
Our Bargaining Team has started negotiations and is in the process of preparing proposals concerning wage adjustments. Any members interested in wage adjustments either based on compaction, inequity with the market, or internal parity should contact a bargaining team member or Brady Calma, Representative/Organizer at 925.313.9102 about steps and timelines for conducting a wage survey.
The Union held a wage study training for members on May 24, 2012. For more information on the training and resources, contact Anjali Asrani at 415.864.2100 and see the resources and tools below and view the training presentation.
- Examines current market wage for a class or series to determine whether a modification in salary range is appropriate
- Based on wages for identical jobs in same or comparable agencies
- Fixes salary inequities for classes / series’ that are far out of alignment or compacted
Read more about conducting wage comparisons in Local 21's "Making the Case for Equity Adjustments: A Manual" The primer covers how to gather evidence in support of your wage study, comparing classifications, finding comparable agencies, and analyzing your data.
Please let us know if you will be conducting a survey by Friday, June 1, 2012. Submission documents and research tools will be provided on June 1, 2012. All finalized research, documents, and proposals will be required for consideration by Monday, June 18.
Documents to Submit with your Wage Adjustment Proposal
- Wage Adjustment Proposal Form
- Spreadsheet with data (paper and electronic copies, see templates below)
- All source documents (job specs, salary info, etc.)
Spreadsheet Templates for Studies Being Conducted
Please download the spreadsheet template that goes along with the type of wage survey you are conducting. Input all your data into the spreadsheet, and send us your spreadsheet (with the other items listed above) and save a copy for yourself.
- Spreadsheet template for External Equity Adjustment Surveys
- Spreadsheet template for Compaction Studies
- Spreadsheet template for Internal Parity Studies
Current Contra Costa Job Descriptions & Salaries
Contra Costa County Human Resources Department's current job descriptions, salary schedules, and MOUs.
Historical Salary Schedules for Compaction Studies
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 7-27-2010
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 7-29-09
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 10-06-08
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 7-12-07
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 12-10-05
- Contra Costa Salary Schedule as of 10-10-01
- More historical salary schedules coming soon!
Historical Benefits Information & Rates
Please contact Anjali Asrani at 415.864.2100 to obtain specific historical health benefits information and rate sheets from our research library.
Please contact Anjali Asrani at 415.864.2100 to obtain specific historical MOUs from our research library.