Open Enrollment for your health benefits begins October 1st. Make sure you are taking advantage of all the benefits that are offered by HSS! Below are some key things to look for:
- Benefits booklets will be mailed to you the first week of October. Remember, HSS did away with hard copies of the full benefits guides to be more environmentally friendly and cost-conscious. You can find the full benefits information you need online at www.myhss.org. Hard copies of the full guide will be available by request only.
- Various Open Enrollment Fairs and Flue Clinics will be offered throughout the city during the month of October. Check out the October Events Calendar at www.myhss.org or in the back of your Open Enrollment Booklet for more details.
- Active employees and early retirees of San Francisco Health Service System (SFHSS) are invited to attend free informational sessions about the 2018 SFHSS medical plans. Blue Shield of California, Kaiser Permanente and United Healthcare representatives will make presentations and be onsite to answer your individual questions.
Event Dates and Time:
Thursday, October 10, 2017 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM at Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street @ 8th Street, San Francisco
Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 5:30PM – 7:30PM at San Francisco Public Library, Koret Auditorium, 100 Larkin Street
- Blue Shield enrollees will need to CHOOSE between the current Blue Shield Access+ and the new Blue Shield Trio plan. Trio provided lower premiums but does not work with Sutter Hospitals. The benefits of both plans are otherwise identical. If you currently use Blue Shield, you are strongly encouraged to attend a Benefits Fair or Info Session to make sure you choose the right plan for you and your family.
- Remember, HSS is now offering Voluntary Benefits through a partnership with EBS Workterra. You can sign up for additional benefits like Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, and additional Group Term Life Insurance for a small monthly premium.
- This year VSP is offering a new enhanced vision plan that members can buy into. The new VSP plan costs approximately $10 extra and provides double the benefits of the standard VSP plan members automatically receive. If you or your family needs additional vision coverage, check it out!