Members from the Health Care Professionals Chapter have planned a volunteer event where Local 21 members can give back.
On October 11 and 12, Local 21 members will serve dinner to shelter clients at Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco, Next Door Shelter, 1001 Polk Street. In conjunction with this volunteer event, Health Care Professionals Chapter members are also holding a donation drive for supplies and monetary support for the shelter (details below).
Local 21 member Michelle Pollard, Healthcare Professionals Chapter Vice President, is one of the members leading this charge. Michelle says that homelessness is one of the biggest problems facing San Francisco, but the value of participating extends beyond helping people in need. Volunteering is also something that can impact our work for the public. “As public servants, we can learn more about the communities we serve and what is really needed. This volunteer action is not just about serving food, it is about getting to know people while giving back.”
Local 21 members from 10 chapters have signed up to pitch in and serve food to the homeless: Accountants and Auditors, Admin Analysts, Appraisers, At-Large, Field Operations, Health Care Professionals, Information Technology Professionals, Planners and Environmental Specialists, Professional Engineers, and Purchasers have all answered the call to participate.
Don’t see your chapter represented? It’s not too late! 10 more volunteers are needed to fill slots. Shifts on October 11 are needed especially. RSVP here:
Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco / Next Door Shelter / 1001 Polk Street
Local 21 members are giving back to the community by collecting donations.
You can donate cash or purchase item(s) from Episcopal Community Services (ECS) Wish List.
We are extending our deadline from October 5th to October 10th so we can continue to collect donations and ensure all Local 21 Chapters have an opportunity to give back to the community.
ECS WISH LIST:
– Laundry detergent (greatest need)
– Disinfecting wipes (e.g., Clorox)
– Anti-bacterial hand wash
– Latex gloves in all sizes
– Feminine products (tampons, pads)
– Incontinence pads, adult diapers (men & women)
– Personal/travel size shampoo, conditioner, & soap
– Toothbrushes and toothpaste
– New-in-package men’s and women’s white athletic socks
– New-in-package men’s and women’s T-shirts
IF YOU PURCHASE WISH LIST ITEM(S), YOU CAN DROP OFF DONATIONS AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
– 25 Van Ness, 5th Floor Reception: Dale (628) 206-7684, – firstname.lastname@example.org
– 30 Van Ness, Suite 2300 Lobby: Melissa (415) 558-5948, email@example.com
– 1380 Howard, Room 215: Lucy (415) 255-3687, firstname.lastname@example.org
– 101 Grove, 4th Floor Lunchroom: Tobi (415) 554-2656, email@example.com
– 1167 Mission St., 2nd Floor Reception: 9am-5pm, M-F
IF YOU PREFER TO DONATE CASH, HERE ARE YOUR OPTIONS:
Monetary donation through the mobile payment service Cash App
· FFor this option, please email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can initiate the referral process or call (415) 255-3661
Monetary donation through the mobile payment service Venmo App
· FFor this option, please send monetary donation to @michelle-pollard-1
Monetary donation directly to ECS
· FFor this option, please click on the link below:
· Make sure to select Personal Donation and Include “Local 21” in the field “Please share any special gift instructions, honor/memorial notification information, or comments.”