Our Oakland chapters are made up of a diverse group of city employees including administrators, attorneys, engineers, architects, supervisors, and managers. Collectively, we promote fair housing and employment rights, safer streets and communities, local business and real estate development, and easier access to public transportation.
May 19, 2021 – We Have a Tentative Agreement
April 28, 2021: United We Bargain
March 19, 2021: Oakland’s budget must put working people first.
February 25, 2021: It’s Time to Build Back Better
February 19, 2021: Federal relief promises $177M to Oakland
February 2, 2021: Mayor Reverses Dangerous Cuts to OFD
December 15, 2020: The money is there.
November 18, 2020: New Officers and Election Victories in Oakland
July 23, 2020: Bringing Our Fight to the Ballot Box
June 19, 2020: Victory for Oakland’s Public Services!
May 12, 2020: Car Caravan to Protect City Services
April 14, 2020: Fighting Layoff Threats
March 12, 2020: New Health and Safety Precautions
February 4, 2020: Organizing for the long haul
January 9, 2020: Enforcing our contract and building our power
Oct 7, 2019: Oakland Bulletin: Get Ready for Strike Vote
Sept. 12, 2019: Bernie Sanders, Alameda County Democrats Support City Workers
August 29, 2019: Our Unity Break, Plus 1% Retroactive Payment!
August 14, 2019, Did You Go to Your Chapter Meeting This Month?
August 1, 2019: What’s in the City Administration’s Ultimatum
July 26, 2019: Mediation Update, and Free Tickets to Art & Soul!
July 17, 2019: Know Your Rights with An Expired Contract
June 12, 2019: We Filed Charges Against the Administration’s Threats
Local 21 and SEIU 1021 have filed unfair labor practice charges against the City
May 23, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Latest Proposals: A New Wage Offer and Solutions to Understaffing
Plus: Enhancing Paid Family Leave
May 14, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: The City Gave Us Their First Wage Proposal
Plus: The Mayor Drops her Budget, and we go to Budget Town Halls
April 29, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Wage Proposal
Plus: The City’s New Proposals, and Recap from April 16
April 9, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Local 21 in the News!
Wear Blue Tomorrow and next Tuesday, April 16!
March 27, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: The City Proposes to Pour Salt on Recruitment and Retention Wounds
A look at the proposals that are on the table
March 1, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Bargaining Proposals, Upcoming Actions, and More
And: Remember to wear blue on Weds and Support Oakland Teachers!
February 19, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: We’re Bargaining Tomorrow; WEAR BLUE!
Plus: How to support Oakland Teachers
February 4, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: We were on KTVU, KPIX, Telemundo, The SF Chronicle, and more!
Check out coverage from our Thursday Kickoff Rally!
- Laura Takeshita, President/DELEGATE, EC DELEGATE, Oakland VP
- Vacant, Unit A VP, DELEGATE
- Jennifer Foster, Unit W VP, DELEGATE
- Cheryl Dunaway, Membership Director, DELEGATE
- Jack Steverson Jr., Sergeant at Arms, DELEGATE
- Tony Daquipa, Political Coordinator, DELEGATE
- Julia Heath, Secretary, DELEGATE
- Al Lujan, DELEGATE
- Michele T. Morris, ALTERNATE DELEGATE
- Selia Warren, President, DELEGATE
- Jordan Flanders, Vice President, ALTERNATE DELEGATE
- Amadis Sotelo, Political Coordinator, ALTERNATE DELEGATE
- Kent Qian, Secretary/Executive Team Alternate, ALTERNATE DELEGATE
- Allison Dibley, Chapter Executive Member
- Michael Branson, Labor Management Committee Representative
- Kevin McLaughlin, Labor Management Committee Representative
- Vacant, ALTERNATE DELEGATE
- Teresa Peterson, President, DELEGATE
- Vacant, Vice President
- Vacant, Secretary
- Cody Meshberger, Political Coordinator, DELEGATE
- Jessie Wang, Membership Director
- Calvin Hao, President, DELEGATE
- Rachel T. Brown, Unit H VP, DELEGATE
- Shahla Azimi, Unit M VP, DELEGATE
- Mia Janvier, Secretary, DELEGATE
- Sarah Fine, Political Coordinator, DELEGATE
- Nicole Welch, Membership Director, DELEGATE
- Danita Lee, Sergeant at Arms, DELEGATE