Our Oakland chapters are made up of a diverse group of city employees including administrators, attorneys, engineers, architects, supervisors, and managers. Collectively, we promote fair housing and employment rights, safer streets and communities, local business and real estate development, and easier access to public transportation.
Jesse Kadjo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Cry, email@example.com
Sharon Jenkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
July 13, 2022: We’ve Reached a Tentative Agreement!
May 31, 2022: Important Bargaining Updates
December 28, 2021: No One is Safe Until Everyone is Safe
December 16, 2021: End of Year Updates
December 2, 2021: Building Power for Our 2022 Contract Campaign
November 9, 2021: IFPTE Local 21 Endorses Sheng Thao for Oakland Mayor
July 29, 2021: New Staff Welcome
May 19, 2021 – We Have a Tentative Agreement
May 18, 2021: SEIU 1021 Reaches Tentative Agreement with City Administration
April 28, 2021: United We Bargain
March 19, 2021: Oakland’s budget must put working people first.
February 25, 2021: It’s Time to Build Back Better
February 19, 2021: Federal relief promises $177M to Oakland
February 2, 2021: Mayor Reverses Dangerous Cuts to OFD
December 15, 2020: The money is there.
November 18, 2020: New Officers and Election Victories in Oakland
July 23, 2020: Bringing Our Fight to the Ballot Box
June 19, 2020: Victory for Oakland’s Public Services!
May 12, 2020: Car Caravan to Protect City Services
April 14, 2020: Fighting Layoff Threats
March 12, 2020: New Health and Safety Precautions
February 4, 2020: Organizing for the long haul
January 9, 2020: Enforcing our contract and building our power
Oct 17, 2019: The Bargaining Team Recommends: Vote YES on Strike Authorization
Oct 7, 2019: Oakland Bulletin: Get Ready for Strike Vote
Oct 2, 2019: Hundreds of City Workers Protest in Downtown Oakland, Factfinding Update
Sept. 12, 2019: Bernie Sanders, Alameda County Democrats Support City Workers
Sept. 10, 2019: A Major Presidential Candidate Shows Their Support for Oakland City Workers
August 29, 2019: Our Unity Break, Plus 1% Retroactive Payment!
August 21, 2019: Alameda Labor Council Sends Letter to Mayor Schaaf about Negotiations
August 14, 2019, Did You Go to Your Chapter Meeting This Month?
August 8, 2019: 2019 Bargaining: Where Local 21 and the City Administration Stand on the Issues
August 1, 2019: What’s in the City Administration’s Ultimatum
July 31, 2019: The City Administration Issues Unacceptable Ultimatum During Mediation
July 26, 2019: Mediation Update, and Free Tickets to Art & Soul!
July 17, 2019: Know Your Rights with An Expired Contract
July 3, 2019: Hundreds of Oakland City Workers Storm City Hall to Demand the Administration Stop Union Busting
June 13, 2018: Local 21 Members Speak Truth to Power, The City Prematurely Declares Impasse
June 12, 2019: We Filed Charges Against the Administration’s Threats
Local 21 and SEIU 1021 have filed unfair labor practice charges against the City
May 31, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: The City Threatens Takeaways and Refuses to Move on Wages
2% is not enough.
May 23, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Latest Proposals: A New Wage Offer and Solutions to Understaffing
Plus: Enhancing Paid Family Leave
May 14, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: The City Gave Us Their First Wage Proposal
Plus: The Mayor Drops her Budget, and we go to Budget Town Halls
April 29, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Wage Proposal
Plus: The City’s New Proposals, and Recap from April 16
April 9, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Local 21 in the News!
Wear Blue Tomorrow and next Tuesday, April 16!
April 8, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: What’s Happening at the Table
Get a brief summary here, and go to worksite meetings to find out more!
March 27, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: The City Proposes to Pour Salt on Recruitment and Retention Wounds
A look at the proposals that are on the table
March 11, 2019: The March 12 Vacancy and Retention Rally is Postponed
March 1, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Our Bargaining Proposals, Upcoming Actions, and More
And: Remember to wear blue on Weds and Support Oakland Teachers!
February 19, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: We’re Bargaining Tomorrow; WEAR BLUE!
Plus: How to support Oakland Teachers
February 13, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: What Happened at Our First Round of Bargaining
Plus: OPEB Policy Update and Survey Results
February 4, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: We were on KTVU, KPIX, Telemundo, The SF Chronicle, and more!
Check out coverage from our Thursday Kickoff Rally!
January 31, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: REMINDER: Kick-Off Rally in 2 hours at NOON!
January 29, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Let ’em know we mean business! This Thursday! Noon! Be There!
January 23, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: What are you doing on January 31?
January 14, 2019 Oakland Bulletin: Oakland 2019 Bargaining Kickoff!
September 7, 2018 Oakland Bulletin
August 1, 2018 Oakland Bulletin
Oakland Measure D Research Memo
March 29, 2018 Oakland Bulletin
March 15, 2018 Oakland Bulletin
Cesar Chavez Luncheon Flyer
February 28, 2018 Oakland Update
February 7, 2018 Ratification Bulletin
January 30, 2018 Ratification Vote Flyer (printable version)
January 30, 2018 Bargaining Bulletin (digital version)
January 22, 2018 Bargaining Bulletin (printable version)
January 22, 2018 Bargaining Bulletin (digital version)
January 8, 2018 Bargaining Update
December 14, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
December 11, 2017 Strike Bulletin
December 10, 2017 Strike Bulletin
December 8, 2017 Strike Bulletin
December 7, 2017 Strike Bulletin
December 7, 2017 Strike Handout on Phony Numbers
December 6, 2017 Strike Bulletin
December 5, 2017 Strike Bulletin
November 16, 2017 Bargaining Flash
November 14 and 15 Strike Vote Flyers
October 19, 2017 Bargaining Flash
October 13, 2017 Bargaining Flash
September 29, 2017 Bargaining Flash
September 29, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
September 13, 2017 Bargaining Flash
September 13, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
August 25, 2017 Bargaining Flash
August 25, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
August 11, 2017 Bargaining Flash
August 11, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
July 27, 2017 Bargaining Flash
July 27, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
July 14, 2017 Bargaining Flash
July 14, 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
May 2017 Button Day Bargaining Kickoff Video
April 2017 Bargaining Bulletin
- Interim President, DELEGATE – Jennifer Foster; email@example.com
- Unit A Vice-President, DELEGATE – Krystal Sams; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unit W Vice- President, DELEGATE – Julia Heath; email@example.com
- Membership Director, DELEGATE – Cheryl Dunaway; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sergeant-at-Arms, DELEGATE – Jack Steverson; email@example.com
- Political Coordinator, DELEGATE – Tony Daquipa; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary, DELEGATE – Michele Morris; email@example.com
- DELEGATE – Al Lujan; firstname.lastname@example.org
- DELEGATE – Vacant
- President, DELEGATE – Michael Branson; email@example.com
- Vice-President, ALTERNATIVE DELEGATE – Selia Warren; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Political Coordinator, ALTERNATIVE DELEGATE – Courtney O’Brien; email@example.com
- Secretary, ALTERNATIVE DELEGATE – Kent Qian; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Labor Management Committee Representatives – Jordan Flanders & Michael Quirk; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- President, DELEGATE – Teresa Peterson; email@example.com
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary – Vacant
- Political Coordinator, DELEGATE – Cody Meshberger; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Coordinator – Jessie Wang; email@example.com
- President, DELEGATE – Calvin Hao; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unit H Vice-President, DELEGATE – Rachel T. Brown; RTBrown@oaklandca.gov
- Unit M Vice-President, DELEGATE – Shahla Azimi; email@example.com
- Secretary, DELEGATE – Vacant
- Political Coordinator, DELEGATE – Sarah Fine; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Director, DELEGATE – Nicole Welch; email@example.com
- Sergeant-at-Arms, DELEGATE – Danita Lee; firstname.lastname@example.org
- DELEGATE – Vacant